Prospective Tenant Resources
QualifyingThank you for your interest in renting a home that is professionally managed by Property Upsurge, Inc. Below you will find the instructions and criteria required when submitting a rental application. It is important that you read the information below prior to submitting an application to understand what is required for renting the property. If you have further questions, please contact one of our leasing agents at 925.363.5328.
Application Process & Time FrameMost applications are processed in 2-3 business days. However, it can take longer. You can help speed up the process by notifying your current and past Landlords that we will be contacting them to verify your rental history. When submitting your rental application, please insure that you are providing us with the most up to date contact information for your present and past landlords and employers. This will all help speed up the process in getting you approved.
Application RequirementsAll persons who will reside in the property and are eighteen (18) years of age or older must complete the application process.
- Application Fee - $30 per Applicant. Application fees are non-refundable and are used to pay for the processing of the application.
- Lease Terms - The standard lease term is for twelve (12) months.
- Security Deposit - Equals the monthly rent amount.
- Credit 499 and lower will be automatically turned down.
- Credit 500 - 549 will automatically be charged an additional $500 towards the security deposit
- Credit 550+ will be eligible for no additional deposit, based on credit alone. Please note, deposit could still increase based on rental history and additional screening information.
- Employment History - At least six (6) months of steady employment history is required. If current employment is less than six (6) months previous employment history is required. If self-employed, please provide provide 3 months bank statements along with 2 years full tax returns.
- Rental History - Rental history should show no prior evictions or lease infringements / violations. Deposit may increase due to outcome of VOR (Verification of Rental).
- Income Requirements & Verification - the applicant's individual income, or the combined income for multiple applicants, must be equal to or greater than three times the monthly rent. To verify income, we require a copy of the two (2) most recent pay stubs for each applicant, in addition to a copy of the most recent bank statement for each applicant receiving pay via Direct Deposit. Documentation must be provided for any and all income that applicant wants to include as monthly income, such as child support, alimony, social security, disability, annuities, trust funds, etc.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE PROOF OF INCOME (AS OUTLINED ABOVE) AND A COPY OF EACH ADULTS DRIVERS LICENSE.
YOU MAY EITHER FAX THIS INFORMATION TO 866.531.3314 OR SEND VIA EMAIL TO email@example.com.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THIS INFORMATION IS RECEIVED.
CosignerA cosigner will be required for applicants that are students or who cannot provide proof of verifiable income, but otherwise meet all other application requirements. Cosigners must meet the following requirements:
- Credit - Credit score of 650 or higher
- Income - Income is at least 4 times the rent
Pets / Animals
You are required to disclose in your application all pets that will reside in the property. Pets will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, German Shepherds and Dobermans are not permitted on any premises and we have the right to restrict other breeds or specific animals at our sole discretion.
Pets are subject to pet rental and pet deposit. Pet rental and deposit does not apply to service animals or for small caged animals.
A service animal is any animal that assists a person with a physical or mental impairment. A service animal is not a pet.
Property Upsurge Inc will decline the application for any of the following reasons:
- Prior Eviction
- Average credit score below 500
- Identity cannot be verified
- Income cannot be verified
- Open bankruptcies
- Insufficient Income below the 3x rent requirement
- Falsification found on Application
Q: After my application is approved, what’s next?A: We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know that you have been approved. We will then ask you to bring in a cashiers check to our office for the first months rent plus the security deposit. Following that, we will docusign a lease for you to e-sign. On you lease start date, we will have keys ready for you to pick up from our office.
Q: What if my application is denied.A: In the event your application is denied, we make every effort to contact you promptly regarding the denial.